The Coliseum Breast Health Center at Coliseum Medical Centers was one of the first 150 breast centers in the nation to be accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a program administered by the American College of Surgeons. Accreditation by the NAPBC is only given to those centers that have voluntarily committed to provide the highest level of quality breast care and that undergo a rigorous evaluation process and review of their performance. A breast center that achieves NAPBC accreditation has demonstrated a firm commitment to offer its patients every significant advantage in their battle against breast disease.
We focus on treating the whole patient—your physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing. We’ll offer you support and education throughout your treatment, and our staff specialized in breast care. We encourage you to ask questions; we’re here to help.
We offer the highest quality patient care, including…
- Timely and accurate diagnosis
- Patient navigators to help you through the process efficiently and to keep you informed
- State-of-the-art surgery and therapy
- Firefly Fluorescence Imaging System
- A multi-disciplinary team approach to your care, with specialists from breast surgery, medical and surgical oncology, radiation oncology, radiology, plastic surgery and other disciplines
- The most sophisticated equipment available for imaging and more
- Full array of breast health services for you and your personal physician through one centralized service
The Coliseum Breast Center has been designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BICOE) by the American College of Radiology (ACR) and is the only Breast Imaging Center of Excellence in Middle Georgia. The breast imaging services at this center are fully accredited in mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, breast ultrasound and ultrasound-guided breast biopsy. Peer-review evaluations, conducted in each breast imaging modality by board-certified physicians and medical physicists who are experts in the field, have determined that this facility has achieved high practice standards in image quality, personnel qualifications, facility equipment, quality control procedures, and quality assurance programs.
Some of the most advanced technology and services offered at the Breast Health Center include:
- Certified Lymphedema Specialist
- Digital Mammography
- 3D Mammography
- Genetic testing
- Breast MRI
- Breast Biopsy Procedures by Stereotactic
- Ultrasound guidance
- Bosom Buddies support group