About Coliseum Medical Centers
Founded in 1971 as Coliseum Park Hospital by Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), Coliseum Medical Centers has grown to be a healthcare leader for Middle Georgians. In the last 40 years, Coliseum has been at the forefront of medical technology, as part of our commitment to being a leader in cutting-edge diagnostics, surgical procedures and treatments.
In May 1998, a merger with two other Macon hospitals, Middle Georgia and Coliseum Northside Hospitals, provided our community better access and choice of quality healthcare facilities. Coliseum Health System now consists of Coliseum Medical Centers and Coliseum Northside Hospital.
Comprehensive medical services in Middle Georgia
Coliseum Medical Centers is a 310-bed facility providing compassionate, patient-centered care across a wide range of specialties:
- 24-hour emergency room
- Inpatient and same-day surgery, including innovative robotic surgical procedures
- Spine care and surgery
- Rehabilitation programs through the Coliseum Rehabilitation Center
- Behavioral health and substance abuse care at the Coliseum Center for Behavioral Health
- An advanced cardiac center offering noninvasive heart procedures and open-heart surgery
- Cancer care and survivorship programs through the Coliseum Cancer Center
- Robotic surgery procedures through the Coliseum Robotics Institute
- A birthing center for labor and delivery with access to a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
National accreditations and recognition
Our facility offers patients in and near downtown Macon access to services recognized by various accrediting organizations, including:
- American College of Radiology, Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- American Heart Association, Get with the Guidelines Silver Plus Achievement Award—Stroke
- The Joint Commission, Behavioral Health Care and Human Services, Primary Stroke Center and Stroke Rehabilitation
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
We want to become a part of your families and lives. You will see us in the hospitals sharing in the joys of new babies and successful surgeries and providing that comforting touch or word in more difficult times. In the community, we will be involved in organizations that make a difference like the American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, United Way and Boys & Girls Clubs, just to name a few.
Thank you for letting us be your partner in health.
Stephen J. Daugherty
CEO, Coliseum Health System