Understandably so, July is National Fireworks Safety Month. July 4 is a wonderful holiday. It's full of fun... and usually fireworks! But - sometimes it's also full of danger! Here are some tips to keep your July 4th holiday memorable for all of the right reasons!
As always, this most American of holidays will be marked by parades, fireworks and backyard barbeques across the country. Know the risks with fireworks and stay safe with these safety tips.
- Always read and follow label directions.
- Always have an adult present.
- Only buy from reliable fireworks sellers.
- Only ignite fireworks outdoors.
- Light only one at a time.
- Never re-ignite malfunctioning fireworks.
- Never give fireworks to small children.
- Store fireworks in a cool, dry place.
- Dispose of fireworks in a cool, dry place.
- Dispose of fireworks properly.
- Never throw fireworks at another person.
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket.
- Never shoot fireworks in metal or glass containers.