March 17, 2020
Coliseum Medical Centers and Coliseum Northside Hospital currently do not have any patients who have tested positive for Coronavirus (COVID-19).
To continue to protect our patients, guests and caregivers, effective Tuesday, March 17, the hospitals will further limit visitation to the following:
- Visitation hours will be held 10:00 am – 7:00 pm daily.
- Visitation is limited to two visitors per patient room, immediate family only, over the age of 12.
As a reminder, the only public entrances for all visitors are the ER and Main Entrance of the hospitals. When visitors or patients arrive on campus, they should utilize those entrances. Greeters at those entrances will ask a few basic questions to help ensure that individuals who might spread the virus get the care they need while not exposing patients, staff and other guests.
We would ask that you not visit if you:
- Have a cough, fever, shortness of breath or other flu-like symptoms
- Have traveled outside the US in the past 14 days
- Have had direct contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19
“For most people, COVID-19 will present very similarly to the flu and they will recover safely at home with rest and fluids,” said Chief Medical Officer Richard Rubio, MD, MBA. “Those at highest risk are the elderly and immunosuppressed. The best protection right now is hand washing, covering your cough and avoiding large groups of people. If you feel like you have symptoms at any time we recommend you contact your primary care physician or you can call our 24/7 Nurses Line at (478) 746-4646.”