February 20, 2020
Coliseum Health System recently announced the 2019 Awards of Distinction winners at both Coliseum Medical Centers and Coliseum Northside Hospital. The HCA Awards of Distinction include the Frist Humanitarian Awards, HCA Excellence in Nursing Awards, and HCA Innovator Awards. Together, these are the highest honor the hospital bestows on its most important resource -- its people. Awards are given to recognize the work done throughout the previous year.
The Frist Humanitarian Awards are given annually in recognition of the humanitarian spirit and philanthropic work of the late Dr. Thomas F. Frist, Sr., a founder of HCA Healthcare. The Frist Humanitarian Awards were created to recognize one employee, one volunteer, and one physician at each HCA-affiliated facility who demonstrate extraordinary concern for the welfare and happiness of patients and their community.
The Excellence in Nursing Awards recognize the core value of nursing practice while providing the highest quality of care to the patients and communities we serve. Awards are given to nurses who display compassionate care and who mentor other nurses by example and through their leadership. The Innovators Award recognizes employees with ideas that advance health and patient care.
The Coliseum Medical Centers 2019 Award Recipients are:
- Frist Humanitarian Award (Physician): Yomi Gammada, MD
- Frist Humanitarian Award (Employee): C. Sabathne
- Frist Humanitarian Award (Volunteer): Nancy Kitchens
- Excellence in Nursing Award for Compassionate Care: Danny Adkinson
- HCA Innovator Award: Horace Smith
The Coliseum Northside Hospital 2019 Award Recipients are:
- Frist Humanitarian Award (Physician): Raquel DeGuzman, MD
- Frist Humanitarian Award (Employee): Cabel Dupree
- Excellence in Nursing Award for Professional Mentoring: Krista Lanzilotta
- Excellence in Nursing Award for Compassionate Care: Jim Gay
- HCA Innovator Award: Clara Vinh