June 02, 2020
Macon, GA - The volunteer program at Coliseum Health System recently awarded a total of six academic scholarships to local high school seniors and post-secondary students pursuing careers in healthcare. The scholarships were awarded in the amount of $1,000 each. Volunteers from Coliseum Medical Centers and Coliseum Northside Hospital raise scholarship funds and select qualified, exceptional student recipients each year.
The recipients of the 2019 scholarships are:
- Katelyn Boyle is a recent graduate of Houston County High School and plans to pursue a career in biology and neonatology.
- Jaliyah Chatman is recent graduate of Wilkinson County High School and plans to attend Augusta University. She is pursuing a career as a nurse.
- Mackenzie Harden is a recent graduate of First Presbyterian Day School. She plans to attend the University of Georgia to pursue a career in dentistry.
- Camden Lashley is a recent graduate of First Presbyterian Day School. She will attend Covenant College to study Immunology.
- QuiMya Lindsey is a recent graduate of Jones County High School. She plans to attend Kennesaw State to study psychology.
- Annsleigh Stokes is a recent graduate of Windsor Academy. She plans to attend Georgia College & State University to pursue a career as a nurse.