February 19, 2018
Coliseum Health System celebrated the announcement of the 2017 HCA Awards of Distinction at both Coliseum Medical Centers and Coliseum Northside Hospital. The HCA Awards of Distinction include the Frist Humanitarian Awards, the HCA Excellence in Nursing Award and the Innovators Award. Together, these three awards are the highest honor our company bestows on its most important resource -- its people. Awards are given to recognize the work done throughout the previous year.
The Frist Humanitarian Awards are given annually in recognition of the humanitarian spirit and philanthropic work of the late Dr. Thomas F. Frist, Sr., a founder of HCA. The Frist Humanitarian Awards were created to recognize one employee, one volunteer, and one physician at each HCA-affiliated facility who demonstrate extraordinary concern for the welfare and happiness of patients and their community. The Excellence in Nursing Awards recognize the core value of nursing practice while providing the highest quality of care to the patients and communities we serve. The Innovators Award recognizes employees with ideas that advance health and patient care.
Each of the named 2017 award recipients are an inspiration to other Coliseum Health System employees and volunteers, and their generosity and dedication serve as a living example of HCA's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
THE 2017 AWARD RECIPIENTS ARE:
- Volunteer Frist Humanitarian Award: David Mincey, Cynthia Mincey, and Jane Ray
- Physician Frist Humanitarian Award: Clement Nwosu, MD
- Employee Frist Humanitarian Award: Renauta Everett
- Excellence in Nursing Award for Professional Mentoring: Renee Darnell and Laura McLendon
- Excellence in Nursing Award for Compassionate Care: Kim Lewis and Cabel Dupree
- Innovator Award recipients: Brandon Kirshner, MD; Juliet Cannon; Rafael Espinosa-Arguello; Lamaurice Franklin; Kyle James; Cynthia Jarrard; and Emily Newberry