Welcome to the Diet Center. Here you will find all the information you need on diets and healthful eating—from therapeutic, hospital-prescribed diets, to popular diets, to everyday eating tips.
- The best diet for you
- Cueing into your eating patterns
- The DASH diet
- Detox diets debunked
- Diet detectives: spotting sensible diets
- Diet shakes and meal replacements: can they really help me lose weight?
- Getting to the heart of a healthful diet
- The macrobiotic diet
- The Mediterranean diet and good health
- The raw or the cooked: Do raw food (living food) diets promote good health?
Finding the Right Diet
Healthful Eating (Continued)
- Decreasing your caffeine intake
- Decreasing your salt intake
- Decreasing your triglycerides through dietary changes
- Food cravings
- Just how much food is on that plate? Understanding portion control
- Limiting potassium in your diet
- Limiting your intake of sugar
- Saturated fat, trans fat, and cholesterol
Changing Your Diet
- 70 and beyond: what you need to eat
- Are three squares a day the only healthy way?
- Deciphering the nutrition facts label: Do you know what you are eating?
- Eating a diet moderate in protein-rich foods
- Eat a diet rich in calcium
- Eat a diet rich in vitamin D
- Eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables
- Eating healthfully on a tight budget
- Eating healthfully: tips to make it easier
- Good food sources of vitamin B6
- Good food sources of iron
- Good food sources of omega-3 fatty acids
- Healthful eating for teens on the run
- Healthful snacking: Is it possible?