If the problem is orthopaedic, whether caused by traumatic injury, chronic or degenerative disease or a congenital condition, the Orthopaedic and Spine Institute at Coliseum Northside Hospital offers a full range of orthopaedic services from surgery to rehabilitation. Orthopaedics is the management and treatment of injuries and diseases of bones, joint and soft tissues (cartilage, ligaments, and muscles). Using the most advanced diagnostic and treatment techniques, our team of physicians offers a broad range of clinical expertise. Orthopaedic care is complex, but our goal is to make your experience comfortable and successful, from diagnosis and surgical treatment to rehabilitation. Learn more about the orthopaedic program at Coliseum Northside... (PDF - 486 KB)
To learn more or find a physician, call Consult-a-Nurse at (478) 746-4646.
- Broad variety of surgical procedures, including total hip, knee and shoulder replacement, anterior hip replacement, arthroscopic surgery, hand and wrist surgery, spine and back surgery and sports medicine
- Setting and repair of simple, compound and complex fractures
- Prosthetic implants to replace joints, including shoulder, elbow, knee, hip, wrist
- Revision of implants to correct deterioration in previously replaced joints
- Infected or failed implants
- Bone transplantation
- Wound care
- Arthroscopic surgery in which flexible tubing containing video viewing devices and surgical instruments are inserted through small incisions to perform such procedures as removal of loose bone fragments or repair of cartilage
- Spine surgery for all spinal disorders, disc degeneration and spinal stenosis
- Joint class program devoted to a successful joint replacement surgery and recovery
- A full range of physical rehabilitation services, including professional therapy programs, speech and language therapy and biofeedback treatment.
Awards & Recognition
Coliseum Northside Hospital has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval™ for its Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement surgery program by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission's national standards for health care quality and safety in disease-specific care.
Coliseum Northside Hospital has been designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia. Blue Distinction Centers for Spine Surgery have demonstrated their commitment to quality care, resulting in better overall outcomes for spine surgery patients. Blue Distinction Centers for Spine Surgery provide comprehensive inpatient spine surgery services, including discectomy, fusion and decompression procedures.