Hospitals don’t Cure Cancer. People do.
At the Coliseum Cancer Institute, we know what it takes to treat cancer. We have the latest, state-of-the-art technology and the most advanced treatment options you’ll find anywhere in middle Georgia. Plus, we have more cancer accreditations than any hospital in the area. But we know what’s most important – our dedicated group of physicians with expertise in a variety of cancer specialties who work hand-in-hand with our nurses and patients to fight cancer together. Because we understand that the best medical facility is only as good as those who work inside it.
The Coliseum Cancer Center makes these services available to you and your physician:
- An oncology nurse navigator to help direct care from diagnosis to recovery
- Physician referrals
- Self referred mammograms
- Access to advanced medical and radiation oncology services
- Breast Imaging and Diagnostics: Ultrasound, Digital Mammography, Nuclear Medicine, CT, MRI, PET, Stereotactic Biopsy, Sentinel Node Identification and Biopsy
- Outpatient Infusion Center
- Survivorship Programs and Support Groups
- Lymphedema Treatment Center
- Palliative Care Services
- Smoking Cessation Information
- Comprehensive Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
A unique service of the Coliseum Cancer Center is the certified oncology nurses and a certified oncology nurse navigators. The nurse navigator serves as a personal guide, acting as a liaison between you and your physicians to enhance the quality and continuity of care for the cancer patient. Learn more about our oncology nurse navigators.
The Coliseum Cancer Center provides a community resource where cancer patients and their loved ones can ask questions and find answers during diagnosis, treatment and recovery. Our mission is to provide superior, compassionate, state-of-the-art cancer care and services to our community within an atmosphere of hope and encouragement.
- A comprehensive Resource Library with information about cancer related issues
- Educational services provided by certified oncology nurses
- Support before, during, and after treatments
- Support Groups
- Community and professional education
- Toll-free telephone number for regional access
- Internet availability for cancer research and education
- Community Outreach Speakers Bureau
- Monthly HOPE Newsletter
- Cancer Prevention
- Genetic Testing
- Nutrition and Lifestyle
- Clinical Research Trials
- Palliative Care
- Cancer Registry
We provide the following support groups:
Additionally we offer these support groups; however dates vary:
- Chemo and You (managing the effects of Chemotherapy
- Look Good... Feel Better (designed to help women overcome the appearance-related side effects of cancer treatment).
Call (478) 765-4805 for more information.
To download a brochure, click on the title.
- Coliseum Breast Health Center
- Coliseum Colorectal Health Center
- Coliseum Lung Health Center
- Coliseum Lymphedema Center
- Coliseum Prostate Health Center
We recommend the following link for information regarding “Surgery Choices for Women with Early-Stage Breast Cancer.”
Use this helpful tool to see if you or someone you know are at risk of Hereditary Breast or Ovarian Cancer.