Senior Center at CCBH
The Senior Center at Coliseum Center for Behavioral Health offers hope to those 65 years and older who are experiencing serious emotional and/or behavioral difficulties. Our tea m of professional experts is devoted to meeting the needs of patients and their families in a dignified and respectful environment. Offering 14 inpatient beds, our program has every resource to handle a variety of medical problems, including a primary psychiatric diagnosis. For your convenience, the Senior Center is covered by Medicare and most other insurance plans
Contrary to belief, anxiety, depression and dementia are not normal aspects of aging – they are treatable illnesses. And at the Senior Center, we have the staff, resources and expertise to treat senior citizens so that they are able to return to as normal a lifestyle as possible. The diagnosis of need for inpatient treatment can be made only by a licensed physician. There’s no reason to face your situation alone.
As a Person Over 65
- Are you feeling isolated, scared and just “down” most of the time?
- Have you lost your appetite or ability to get a good night’s sleep?
- Do you feel more hopeless and dependent than ever before?
- Is it hard for you to concentrate, remember or make decisions?
- Do you ever think that if you were not around, people would be relieved?
As a Child of a Person Over 65
- Do you feel that your parent is going through a critical change in attitude or personality?
- Do you feel guilty because your parent appears so unhappy?
- Are there concerns you have about your parents that go beyond physical health needs?
Just one phone call will put someone you care for in the hands of a medical professional skilled in assessing the needs of individuals 65 and older. Life-Line professionals are available around the clock by calling: (478) 741-1355 or (800) 548-4221.
The Senior Center is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and may be accessed by individuals, families or medical personnel. All assessments are free of charge and may be provided at residential living facilities, nursing homes, or at Coliseum Center for Behavioral Health (located on the campus of Coliseum Medical Centers).
- Services A-Z
- Acid Reflux
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Institute
- Diabetes Management Center
- Emergency Care
- Family Ties Birthing Center
- Heart Institute
- Orthopaedic and Spine Institute
- Pelvic Health
- Radiology Services
- Rehabilitation Center
- Robotic Surgery
- Senior Health
- Stroke Center
- Surgical Services
- Women's Services
- Wound Care