Coliseum Rehabilitation Center
Coliseum Rehabilitation Center has been recognized as one of the Top Inpatient Rehabilitations Facilities in the United States that returns patients home.
Coliseum Rehabilitation Center helps patients overcome functional limitations brought on by injury or illness. This is accomplished through both inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services.
We offer our patients complete diagnostic and follow-up with the most modern treatment techniques available. The professionals at Coliseum Rehabilitation Center are committed to providing this treatment in a supportive environment so that each patient reaches the highest level of personal independence.
Rehabilitation is a combination of medical care, therapy and education. It's designed to help individuals who may have suffered illnesses or injuries, such as: strokes, orthopedic fractures and joint replacements, head trauma, spinal cord injuries, amputations and neuromuscular disorders. Through rehabilitation, patients increase their strength, knowledge and abilities so they may return to their normal day activities as soon as possible.
Functional activities addressed in treatment include: bathing, dressing, cooking, eating, bowel and bladder control and other adaptive activities. Patients also participate in therapy sessions three to five hours a day, and families of our patients attend patient-family educational sessions as appropriate.
Throughout treatment patients participate in a number of therapies designed to help achieve their goals.
- Physical Therapy - A registered physical therapist helps patients work on balance, reduce or eliminate pain, increase strength, restore ability, gait train and learn to use a walker or cane.
- Occupational Therapy - Focuses on strength and coordination in upper extremities and fine motor skills. Occupational therapists assist patients with daily living activities.
- Recreational Therapy - Focuses on community reintegration and overcoming environmental barriers. A certified therapeutic recreation specialist helps patients develop the necessary skills and attitudes for participation in a variety of activities.
- Speech and Language Therapy - Focuses on relearning and understanding written and spoken language. A speech/language pathologist may also provide swallowing assessments, education or training.
- Rehabilitation Nursing - Specially trained rehabilitation nurses assist patients in developing and carrying out treatment plans, relearning former skills and acquiring new ones.
- Patient Program Management - Social workers meet with patients and their families throughout treatment, providing assistance in making adjustments to home and family life. While the professional members of the rehabilitation team are necessary, we realize that ultimately the most important members of the team are the patient and the patient's family. It's the family that provides the support network while the patient works hard to achieve independence.
We offer the following classes:
- Acute Inpatient Rehab: FAQ (PDF - 824 KB)
- Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit vs Home Health Care (ARF vs HH) (PDF - 338 KB)
- Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit vs Skilled Nursing Facility (IRF vs SNF) (PDF - 609 KB)
- Breathe Easy! Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program (PDF - 86 KB)
- Coliseum Rehabilitation Center Brochure (PDF - 2.17 MB)
- Coliseum Rehabilitation Center (PDF - 3.4 MB)
- Outpatient Rehab (outpt (2)) (PDF - 2.2 MB)
- Stroke Rehabilation (PDF - 2.5 MB)
- What to Bring(PDF - 1.84 MB)
Coliseum Medical Centers
350 Hospital Dr.
Phone: (478) 765-4333
Coliseum Northside Hospital
400 Charter Blvd.
Phone: (478) 757-6160
Coliseum Rehabilitation Center has earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for its Stroke Rehabilitation by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission's national standards for health care quality and safety in disease-specific care. The certification award recognizes Coliseum Rehabilitation Center's dedication to continuous compliance with The Joint Commission's state-of-the-art standards, and is the only facility in Middle Georgia to receive recognition for its stroke rehabilitation program.
- Services A-Z
- Acid Reflux
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Institute
- Diabetes Management Center
- Emergency Care
- Family Ties Birthing Center
- Heart Institute
- Orthopaedic and Spine Institute
- Pelvic Health
- Radiology Services
- Rehabilitation Center
- Robotic Surgery
- Senior Health
- Sleep Center
- Stroke Center
- Surgical Services
- Women's Services
- Wound Care