Coliseum Rehabilitation Center
Coliseum Rehabilitation Center has been recognized as one of the Top 10 Percent of Inpatient Rehabilitations Facilities in the United States of 805 inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRFs) that qualified to be ranked in the IRF database of Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation (UDSMR) in 2009. Achieving this award for the last three years, the Coliseum Rehabilitation Center is cited for care that is effective, efficient, timely, and patient-centered.
Coliseum Medical Centers
350 Hospital Dr.
Phone: (478) 765-4333
Coliseum Northside Hospital
400 Charter Blvd.
Phone: (478) 757-6160
We offer our patients complete diagnostic and follow-up with the most modern treatment techniques available. The professionals at Coliseum Rehabilitation Center are committed to providing this treatment in a supportive environment so that each patient reaches the highest level of personal independence.
Rehabilitation is a combination of medical care, therapy and education. It's designed to help individuals who may have suffered illnesses or injuries, such as: strokes, orthopedic fractures and joint replacements, head trauma, spinal cord injuries, amputations and neuromuscular disorders. Through rehabilitation, patients increase their strength, knowledge and abilities so they may return to their normal day activities as soon as possible.
Functional activities addressed in treatment include: bathing, dressing, cooking, eating, bowel and bladder control and other adaptive activities. Patients also participate in therapy sessions three to five hours a day, and families of our patients attend patient-family educational sessions as appropriate.
- Inpatient Rehabilitation at CMC
- Outpatient Rehabilitation at CNH
- Arthritis in Motion Program
- Breathe Easy! Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
- Smoking Cessation
Throughout treatment patients participate in a number of therapies designed to help achieve their goals.
- Physical Therapy - A registered physical therapist helps patients work on balance, reduce or eliminate pain, increase strength, restore ability, gait train and learn to use a walker or cane.
- Occupational Therapy - Focuses on strength and coordination in upper extremities and fine motor skills. Occupational therapists assist patients with daily living activities.
- Recreational Therapy - Focuses on community reintegration and overcoming environmental barriers. A certified therapeutic recreation specialist helps patients develop the necessary skills and attitudes for participation in a variety of activities.
- Speech and Language Therapy - Focuses on relearning and understanding written and spoken language. A speech/language pathologist may also provide swallowing assessments, education or training.
- Rehabilitation Nursing - Specially trained rehabilitation nurses assist patients in developing and carrying out treatment plans, relearning former skills and acquiring new ones.
- Patient Program Management - Social workers meet with patients and their families throughout treatment, providing assistance in making adjustments to home and family life. While the professional members of the rehabilitation team are necessary, we realize that ultimately the most important members of the team are the patient and the patient's family. It's the family that provides the support network while the patient works hard to achieve independence.
We offer the following classes:
- Joint Pre-Surgery class
- Lebed Exercise class
- Strivin' and Thrivin' Exercise Class
- Smoking Cessation
- Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit vs Home Health Care (ARF vs HH) (PDF - 338kb)
- Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit vs Home Health Care (IRF vs SNF) (PDF - 609kb)
- Breathe Easy! Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program (PDF - 86 kb)
- Coliseum Medical Centers Rehabiliation Center Flyer (CMC flyer (2)) (PDF - 337kb)
- Coliseum Rehabilitation Center (PDF - 3.4mb)
- Outpatient Rehab (outpt (2)) (PDF - 2.2mb)
- Stroke Rehabilation (strokehandout (2)) (PDF - 2.5mb)
- Services A-Z
- Acid Reflux
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Institute
- Diabetes Management Center
- Emergency Care
- Family Ties Birthing Center
- Heart Institute
- Orthopaedic and Spine Institute
- Radiology Services
- Rehabilitation Center
- Robotic Surgery
- Senior Health
- Stroke Center
- Surgical Services
- Women's Services
- Wound Care