Oncology Nurse Navigator
A unique service of the Coliseum Cancer Institute is the certified oncology nurse and a certified oncology nurse navigator. The nurse navigator serves as your personal resource, acting as a liaison to enhance the quality and continuity of care and to expedite appointments for the cancer patient. The nurse navigator’s services are provided free of charge by Coliseum Cancer Institute and include:
- Helps patients and their families understand treatment options and what their diagnosis means.
- Assists patient with accessing appointments and resources in the community
- Provides consultation to physicians and other healthcare providers regarding resources and services available to cancer patients.
- Provides consultation to cancer patient and their families to access and determine personal needs and concerns.
- Maintains communication with cancer patients to check progress through the course of their experience to help assure their needs are being met.
- Insures that important support needs are met
- Educates patients about resources available to them
- Assists patients in searching for online information as well as maintains a library of education information.
Meet our Nurses
Beverly Stanley, RN, OCN
Beverly has been an oncology nurse since 1996, and received her National Oncology Certification in 1998. In 2009 she received her Oncology Nurse Navigator certification from Georgia College and State University. She received the Survivorship Initiative Award from The American Cancer Society in 2006 and also received the State Sunrise Award for the South Atlantic Division of American Cancer Society in 2009.
Beverly has served on the Board of Directors of Central Ga. Susan G. Komen for the Cure and served as President and Vice President in 1995-2011. She has been a member of Central Ga. Oncology Nurses Society since 1998 and has served on the executive committee in various capacities. She also has served on the American Cancer Society Health Council 2008-2011,and she regularly speaks in the middle Georgia community on cancer awareness and prevention.
Her work experience includes inpatient and outpatient oncology, hospice, and she has been an oncology patient educator since 2005. She is the facilitator for the breast cancer support group and was instrumental in developing the nationally affiliated Us Too prostate support group. Beverly spearheaded the successful certification for the Coliseum Medical Centers National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, the only hospital in Central Georgia that has received this recognition.
Kim Lewis, RN, OCN
Kim graduated from Durham College in Oshawa Ontario, Canada in June 1995 and has been working in Oncology since. She has also worked in Hematology, Palliative Care, and Radiation. She received her ONS certification in 1999 and her National Oncology certification in July 2007. Kim became an Oncology Nurse Navigator (ONN) in April 2009. In December of 2014, Kim also became a Certified Breast Care Nurse (CBCN). She had the unique experience of working in Saudia Arabia (1999-2003) as the head nurse of The Oncology/Hematology and Radiation Outpatient Treatment Center at King Faisal Hospital and Research Center.
- Services A-Z
- Acid Reflux
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Institute
- Diabetes Management Center
- Emergency Care
- Family Ties Birthing Center
- Heart Institute
- Orthopaedic and Spine Institute
- Pelvic Health
- Radiology Services
- Rehabilitation Center
- Robotic Surgery
- Senior Health
- Sleep Center
- Stroke Center
- Surgical Services
- Women's Services
- Wound Care