Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
There are times when infants require intensive care nursing services. Although families may not be prepared for this situation, we are. We provide a level III NICU with a board certified neonatalogist to care for infants. Our nursery staff is trained to help families who go through this experience.
- Transport team available 24 hours to pick up critical and sick babies from other hospitals, including Fairview Park Hospital, our sister HCA facility in Dublin Georgia
- Neonatology coverage 24 hours a day
- Developmental care philosophy utilized
- Lactation consultants on staff to help with breast feeding
- Support services including cardiac, radiology, speech and physical therapy
- Hearing screens
- Trained nursing and respiratory staff to care for the smallest infants
Dr. Mitch Rodriguez
Dr. Mitch Rodriguez has worked at the Family Ties Birthing Center for more than 15 years. He is board certified in neonatology and specializes in the care of premature and sick newborns. In addition to being an associate of the American Academy of Pediatrics, Dr. Rodriguez currently serves on the Georgia Board of Public Health. After receiving his medical degree from the Universidad Nordestana in the Dominican Republic, Dr. Rodriguez trained at the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, Georgia.
Dr. Anjali Parish
Dr. Anjali Parish joined the Family Ties Birthing Center staff in the fall of 2010. Her specialty is in Pediatrics with a concentration in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine. Board certified, Dr. Parish has over 15 years of pediatric experience. Dr. Parrish received her Doctor of Medicine from the University of Mississippi before training at the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, Georgia.
Dr. Schulyer Mims
Dr. Schuyler Mims is the newest physician at the Family Ties Birthing Center. She is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Board certified in neonatology, her focus is on the care of newborns, both premature and sick. Dr. Mims completed her pediatric residency at the Medical University of South Carolina University, where she also received her Doctor of Medicine. Most recently, Dr. Mims completed her Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Fellowship at St. Louis University in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Services A-Z
- Acid Reflux
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Institute
- Diabetes Management Center
- Emergency Care
- Family Ties Birthing Center
- Heart Institute
- Orthopaedic and Spine Institute
- Radiology Services
- Rehabilitation Center
- Robotic Surgery
- Senior Health
- Stroke Center
- Surgical Services
- Women's Services
- Wound Care